Inspector Gadget posts that in 'Ruralshire', where he works, they have been told:
"...not to use the term “as sure as eggs are eggs”. Apparently this may upset any women listening, especially those who may suffer from fertility problems..."
1. Who decided to issue this directive?
2. What position in the police force does he/she hold?
3. What, exactly, is their job function?
4. What, exactly, is their function within the prevention/detection of crime scenario for which the police are supposed to be employed?
5. Was this directive issued on that person's own initiative, or did this directive come from ACPO?
6. Why has no denouncement of this political correctness been issued by either Theresa May, Home Secretary, or Nick Herbert, Minister of State for Police/Justice? Is this an instance of the police actually informing the elected Home Secretary that whilst she 'may' suggest what should be done, the police will decide what is done? In the case of the latter individual - as an aside - one has to wonder if it is a case of 'Eades must', but again I digress.
Perhaps 6 above has not happened as both May and Herbert are saving their breath in view of this? Just who the hell are the police officers who consider themselves above that of the, I was going to use the term 'elected', government - ACPO?