Thursday 10 June 2010

Denis MacShane Just Loves His ID Card

Or so he says.
"To be on top of what is going on in Europe, I go there a lot. One visit and a talk to European politicians is worth reading a dozen articles back in London. So, of late, I have been in Paris, Riga, Cracow, Naples, Madrid and Brussels for brief in-and-out trips. And not once have I needed my passport."
You may not have needed your passport and one has to say you no doubt did not need your wallet, courtesy of the British taxpayer!

4 comments:

Corrugated Soundbite said...

I hate being cynical, but I never blame you, WfW ;-)

Witterings from Witney said...

Born my a cynic -first words to my parents were I suppose you enjoyed getting me to which my mother replied that she blinked and there I was!

Mrs Rigby said...

And I've been asked to produce an ID card, although I have been asked for either my passport or my driving license, or a letter showing my home address.

But then I'm not as important as Mr MacShane.

subrosa said...

I've been asked to produce my passport. Then again I can't afford to travel first class.