Wednesday 8 April 2009

Comedian In The Making?

Dr. Eamonn Butler, of the Adam Smith Institute, in his weekly e-bulletin - and I quote:

To cut burglary, Home Secretary Jacqui Smith is proposing discount vouchers for doorlocks. Well, I guess we probably paid for hers, so why shouldn't she pay for ours?

Twenty 'superjails' now hold over 1,000 prisoners, says the Times. I say we should put a fence round the Houses of Parliament and make it 21.

Jaguar Land Rover's billionaire Indian owner is getting a £500m loan from taxpayers. I can't really think of anything funny to say about that one.*

There are calls for Lord Myners, who carelessly agreed to Sir Fred Goodwin's £703,000 pension, to resign. Unfair: I'm sure he was off visiting his Cayman Islands bankers and simply overlooked it.

Less than 50% of pupils have mastered basic English and Maths before leaving school. That's about two-thirds, innit?

* He probably forgot to mention we can say Tata to our money!

No comments: