Sunday 22 February 2009

WTF Do We Need A Director Of Digital Engagement For?

Virtually struck dumb by a story in the Mail on Sunday that taxpayer's money is to be spent on the above and that another £160,000 is on offer!

This appointment is to get ministers and colleagues to use Facebook and Twitter to 'get their message across'. What is even more outrageous, as noted in the article, is that three members of Downing Street's 'digital communications team' follow Gordon Brown round, not just at home but round the world, to report on his encounters.

Another nugget from the article is the fact that the lowest paid member of this 'digital communications team' earns £18,776 a year, according to a Downing Street spokesman. Yes and the free flights, food, etc, etc, etc. This is what I pay tax for?

On the basis that I don't think we have enough, I wonder if it is possible to get a grant from the EU for more hemp and lamp posts?

3 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

The Daily Mail tendency always rails against these chav families who live in social housing and get £20k benefits a year.

Frankly, I'd rather pay for eight such families to sit at home and watch their flat screen TV while drinking lager out of cans and otherwise leaving me in peace than one single one of these Labour Luvvie Quangista peddling government propaganda.

Witterings from Witney said...

I'll drink to that!

The Filthy Engineer said...

I prefer piano wire myself.