We are constantly being bombarded with opinion polls, the latest of which is this, informing us of the standing of the three main political parties.
The Lib/Lab/Con ratings may differ in numerical support, but what they all stand for is basically the same - government and yet more government.
We, the people, have had enough of 'government' - at least their ideas of 'government' - what we want, nay what we demand, are sevenfold:
1. Politicians, at all levels, who have integrity, principles and who we can therefore trust.
2. Politicians who believe that the sovereignty of our nation has been undermined and sold down the river and that we must become once again a self-governing nation.
3. Politicians who accept that we, the people, are the masters.
4. Politicians who believe in 'small government'
5. Politicians who recognise the benefits of - and the opportunities afforded by - the Commonwealth.
6. Politicians who recognise and understand what democracy really means.
7. Politicians who recognise that the freedoms, taken over the years, should be returned to us.
When the foregoing is 'accepted' by those who believe they know better, they can have the rest of my list!