Thursday 30 September 2010

Possible Answer To A Nagging Question

I have often wondered why we seem, nowadays, to be blessed with what may be called robotic political representatives who seem unable to think for themselves; who do what their political leaders tell them; who seem unable to show even a 'flash of genius' where the governance of our country is concerned.

Then I recalled an unattributed saying:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits!


Just a thought, on a quiet Friday Thursday night....................... 


Update: Thought I had better change the night, before I get any more smart-arsed comments! So I got the day wrong - its an 'age thing'!

6 comments:

Monty Cristo said...

May I assume that your reference to a 'quiet Friday night' was irony?

Witterings from Witney said...

MC, Yup - I can be quite prophetic when in the mood........or, if truth be known, I have got ahead of myself - again!

IanPJ said...

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits!

...and stupidity cannot be legislated for.

James Higham said...

Saturday?

subrosa said...

Just to show that I too can think ahead I shall wish you a peaceful weekend. ;)

Edward Spalton said...

I have noticed that Stephen Fry is relentlessly promoted as some sort of intellectual colossus.

He is, I think, a thick person's idea of what an intelligent person is.

I can no longer remember whether this thought is my own original or someone else's which I have plagiarised - but it fits so nicely, don't you think?