Sunday 14 November 2010

An Appropriate 'Misquote' For Remembrance Sunday

As this is Remembrance Sunday and one tends to think of World War II in this context, rather than World War I and more recent conflicts like Iraq and Afghanistan, it is possibly appropriate to misquote Churchill.

In this post and this, I alluded to the complicity of our political elite and their agreement to our subservience to the European Union as being the reason for the country's ills.

Muffled Vociferation, in her 'banner', has managed to adapt part of one of Winston Churchill's speeches to the nation, during 'The Blitz'. In so doing, maybe she has coined a slogan for all Eurosceptic organisations:
"Never have so few decided so much for so many"

5 comments:

knirirr said...

For some reason It's always the Great War which springs to my mind on this occasion.

Witterings from Witney said...

knirirr,

But then you are older than I (joke!)

john in cheshire said...

What about : never have so few stolen so much from so many? And I don't just mean money.

Witterings from Witney said...

jic, aye, that is also a contender!

Sue said...

I nicked from The Sun :)