Tuesday 2 November 2010

Don't Tread On Me, I Wish To Live Free Or Die

An excellent post from James Delingpole and one that you should read. I will just extract this section:
"God how I wish I were American right now. In the US they may not have the Cairngorms, the River Wye, cream teas, University Challenge, Cotswold villages or decent curries. But they do still understand the principles of “don’t tread on me” and “live free or die."
Methinks that the Coalition Prats are about to learn that the British people are beginning to adopt the 'don't tread on me' attitude and that also there are a few of us who, when push does come to shove, will be prepared to adopt the 'live free or die' idea too!

Ignore us at your peril, Prats!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but Delingpole has no credibility. He may laud the grass roots movement in the US, but he does it no favours here. I think he is another of the Oxford mafia who inherently believes that only a certain class of slick professional person who is remotely related to royalty is fit to govern in Britain. It seems to me that he just objects to the Tories purely because of their politics, not that he recognises the decript stinking rot of the surrounding framework that sustains them and it.

Just before the election he penned this

It’s the last anti-Cameron stuff you’re getting me before the election. (Unless of course, he does something quite egregiously stupid, in which case all promises are suspended.) Why? Because like the mighty Lord Tebbit I agree that however much we all loathe these despicable, Saul-Alinsky-loving Fabian faux-Tories, they are nonetheless our least worst option in this General Election.

The least worst option to vote for in the 2010 election was the Tories? How about that?

English Pensioner said...

For many years, I have believed that the US is a far more democratic country than the UK. Strangely, the President doesn't have nearly so much power as people here make out, most things that affect people on a day-by-day basis are controlled at State level, and the States fight tooth and nail if central government wants to assume any of their powers.
When you consider that the individual States have more freedom from central government than the UK has from the EU, I find it hard to any longer call this country a democracy.