Tuesday 7 September 2010

Where The Real Power Lies

My thanks to IanPJ on Politics who, in an email, points me to the brilliant Mary Ellen Synon who writes:
"It's bad enough being corralled here in the press room of the European Council without knowing that upstairs the Chancellor George Osborne has been handing over the keys to the City of London to a bunch of Continentals and eurocrats with not a financial services industry between them. The Chancellor came out beaming, claiming that in allowing new EU-level financial supervision, 'We have a deal which is good for Britain.' As Bugs Bunny once put it, 'What a maroon.'"
Perhaps Osborne needs reminding of his Privy Councillor Oath?
".....defend all civil and temporal Jurisdictions, Pre-eminences, and Authorities, granted to Her Majesty and annexed to the Crown by Acts of Parliament, or otherwise, against all Foreign Princes, Persons, Prelates, States, or Potentates......." (my emphasis)
But hey, why should Osborne keep an Oath, when he and his party can't keep a simple pre-election promise?

Makes a mockery of: "dictum meum pactum"*



* For those who didn't 'do' Latin - "My word is my bond"

m meum pactum.   my word is my bond.dictum meum pactum.   my word is my bond. dictum meum pactum.   my word is my bond.

No comments: