Sunday 11 July 2010

Sleepless in.............

Having watched this evening, for the Nth time, Sleepless in Seattle I am now in a sentimental/romantic mood. This caused me to dig out a cd I have called "A little touch of Schmilsson in the night", featuring Harry Nilsson accompanied by Gordon Jenkins and his orchestra. Through Gordon's arrangements, the songs are linked by fragments of songs you've just heard, or about to hear, to form one continuous track, as it were. It is a beautiful cd of pre-war standards, superbly arranged - I hope you agree.





Footnote: There is available, on youtube, videos of the original recording session of the album, however the sound quality is not too good.

3 comments:

subrosa said...

Lovely WFW. Now I feel I can return to bed and actually sleep. Thanks.

Witterings from Witney said...

Glad to have been of assistance, SR!

rvi said...

I saw the original programme late one night on the telly - some time in the early 1970s, I think. I found and bought the tape a few days later and still play it from time to time. It still makes great late night listening after a heavy day. But not recommended for playing in the car on an overnight drive.